Saturday, August 28, 2010

The dilemma of sharing LemonSpark stories

I recently shared my story in Brava Magazine and on the "Someone You Should Know" series on Channel 27 in Madison, Wisconsin. Part of me feels as though sharing my story is very personal and wonders if it serves as a distraction from who I am now. But, another part of me feels as though sharing my story is empowering, not only for me, but for the people who hear it, particularly those who are going through a rough time right now.

A friend said to me recently that my story demonstrates strength and how I pulled through a difficult time, rather than give up. That is a wonderful message to share with others around me, especially my young children. So, when in doubt about sharing your story, think of how others might view you as strong and capable, which is definitely who you are today!

No comments:

Post a Comment